Tuesday 17 March 2009

Interesting Voices




Check out these THREE INTERESTING VOICES:
Gabby - Emily - Abe

1. Oh Vile Gentleman

Oh vile gentleman with smallish blue eyes
And hair the color of rusted copper
I cannot bear your smile, your wink, and your lies
That you wrongly deem the behavior proper.

You chase me when I want you not
And run from me when I do.
Whenever I look onto you, I feel as if my heart has been shot
Or has fluttered out of my chest and found the bottom of your shoe.

You sweetly smile at me and kiss my hand
You treat me as if you love me like I love you
But the love I feel is as wide as the sand
And I know by tomorrow your kiss will be on another’s hand, without any regard for little Gabby Lyew.

Your teasing affection replays in my mind and your soothing words hum in my ears
I will hate you for as long as I love you,
which inevitably will last for years and years.

- Gabby LyewKong

2. unfixed (a rondel)
if i had a soul, you would be its mate.
(because, to date, you have not shied away
from the misshapen edges that line the way)
i'd thank God, but probably it's fate.

since i cannot love, i doubt that i may hate.
(my emotions have not colors, only gray)
if i had a soul, you would be its mate
because, to date, you have not shied away.

though loneliness is such a rotten state,
i refused to keep the shadows at bay
for fear i'd forget a difference from the day.
(you took the rains and forever made them late)
if i had a soul, you would be its mate
because, to date, you have not shied away.
-Emily Simpson

3. The Secret Journals of Cheewy
Is there something unattractive about the name Cheewy?
Is there a reason why the damsels we save never notice my mane?
Does all my hair and my teeth make them go “Eeewy”?
Out in space they hate me but back home my lovely locks are my claim to fame.

On the ship it’s generally just me and Hans Solo
Cruising the universe and rescuing babes
When we get them on board we always look better than Apollo
Hans is such a pig, he’s just looking to get laid

This one princess named Laya I will never forget
She was royalty paired with a great big goof
Letting her get away was my biggest regret
One day I’ll marry her and murder Luke

Hans got Laya because he’s a weasel and I’m just too slow
Even when she tells him “I love you” all he can say is “ I know”
- Abe Melloh

No comments: